Global Alliance for the Advancement of Refugees and Migrants is a registered Interdenominational non-profit organisation whose mission is to ensure human transformation by promoting equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate all forms of injustice and discrimination by ensuring that refugees and migrants access rights to which they are entitled under the international law.
We are guided by the belief that refugees and migrants, while in communities of refuge, can live dignified livelihoods and realize their full potential just like any other persons. For this to be achieved, we advocate and promote inclusivity not only in the cash economy but in decision making processes and access to social services and open employment opportunities.
This mission is pursued daily through integrated, holistic commitment to:
- Advocacy and promotion of justice that seeks to change unjust structures affecting people among and with whom we work.
- Transformational development that is community-based, sustainable and focused on the needs of refugees, migrants, asylum-seekers, stateless persons and host communities.
- Public awareness that leads to informed, understanding, giving, involvement and transformation.
- Public mobilisation against poverty and other social vices that hinder human progress.
- Emergency aid for those affected by conflict or disaster.
- Liaison and partnership with other players to contribute to social transformation.